- About VMA
- Facilities Guide
- Job Center
- Commerce Development
|Return to List|
Mr. David C. WhiteDepartment: Executive Office
Title: Executive Vice President
Mr. White holds the position of the chief executive of the Virginia Maritime Association (VMA), where he has been employed since 2003. With a membership of over 450 companies, the VMA is “The Voice of Port Industries” and has been promoting, protecting, and encouraging domestic and international trade through Virginia’s dynamic ports since 1920.
Mr. White also serves as the Executive Vice President of the Hampton Roads Shipping Association; whose purpose is to negotiate and maintain the collective bargaining agreement with the International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA).
Representing these interests, Mr. White actively participates in the following organizations:
- National Waterways Conference – Member, Executive Committee
- National Association of Maritime Organizations – Secretary & Treasurer
- Virginia Harbor Safety Committee – Chairman
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership Authority,
Advisory Committee on International Trade – Member by Appointment
- International Propeller Club, Port of Norfolk – Member
Mr. White graduated from the College of William and Mary in 1987 with a degree in Business Administration.