VMA's Symposium & Banquet Moves to Sept 22-24 in Light of Coronavirus
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Coronavirus & VMA’s May 13-15 Events
Rapid spread and the dramatic impacts of the COVID-19 Coronavirus are being felt across the globe. Presently, in the U.S. the transmission and infection rate continue to increase with the federal government, states, and local authorities taking increasingly restrictive measures to curtail the spread of infection. For the health and safety of all, it is VMA’s sincerest hope these measures will be successful and the spread of infection will quickly decrease and come to a halt. However, even when a reversal occurs, we recognize it will take time for people’s lives and workplaces to recover and resume a more normal state.
Therefore, the VMA has made the decision to postpone our premiere events to September 22-24, originally scheduled for May 13-15; the Maritime Mixer Cruise, 17th International Trade Symposium, 100th Annual Banquet, 100th Anniversary After Party, and Golf Outing.
The following outlines what current registrants and sponsors can expect as we move these events to September:
- Current Registrations: The VMA will carry all current registrations forward to the September dates. VMA will refund 100% of the event registration paid, for those unable to attend the new September dates, provided VMA receives a refund request in writing by September 1.
- New Registrations: We are happy to continue accepting new registrations! Join us in September by Registering Online Now.
- Sponsorships: The VMA will carry all current sponsorships forward to the September dates. Current sponsors, and new ones, will benefit from four additional months of promotion.
- Hotel Rooms: The VMA cannot alter an attendee's existing hotel reservations.
- The Hilton Norfolk The Main has a room block for the new dates. Attendees with hotel reservations may begin changing their reservations by sending the following to email@example.com:
- Guest Name the Reservation is under
- Arrival date
- Confirmation Number
- Last four digits of credit card used to secure the reservation for verification
- The Hilton can also be reached directly at 757-763-6200 . Press (1) when prompted to get transferred to the Hilton's in-house reservation department.
- The Norfolk Marriott Waterside room block details forthcoming.
We thank you for your support and understanding during this unprecedented situation, and VMA will use the additional time to continue to improve upon our plans for these always popular events. We look forward to seeing you in September.
Executive Vice President
Virginia Maritime Association