Governor Proclaims World Trade Month in Virginia
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
World Trade Month in Virginia
“NOW, THEREFORE, I, Terence R. McAuliffe, do hereby recognize May 2017 as WORLD TRADE MONTH in our COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, I call this observance to the attention of all our citizens.”
Read the Article
The Maritime Industry Plays a Critical Role in World Commerce.
- More than 530,800 jobs are linked to the Port’s activity throughout Virginia.
- The Port of Virginia in 2016 has created more than 3,800 jobs, 3.5 million square feet of warehouse space, and invested more than $924 million, now making it the highest rail-volume port on the East Coast of the United States, in addition to the second largest port for agricultural exports on the East Coast.
- Review the Maritime Economic Impact Report
Featured Events During World Trade Month 2017
- May 11 | VMA's 14th Annual International Trade Symposium
- TOPIC: “Global Economic & Trade Outlook: A Game Changer for the U.S.?”
- TOPIC: “Ocean Carrier Roulette: Welcome to 2017”
- TOPIC: “The New Supply Chain Model: What's Driving Logistics?”
- TOPIC: "Supporting Momentum at the Port of Virginia,”
- TOPIC: “Open or Shut: A New Age of Trade Policy.”
- May 11 | VMA's 97th Annual Maritime Banquet
- Keynote Speaker: Manual E. Benitez H., Deputy Administrator of the Panama Canal Authority
- May 22 | National Maritime Day
View the VMA Maritime Events Calendar
A VITAL Opportunity
One of the benefits of being a VMA member includes access to affinity companies like VITAL, the Virginia International Trade Alliance. VITAL specializes in providing opportunities to expand globally, connecting members to potential distributors and clients around the world, based on market research from 75 different countries.
Learn about other VMA Membership Benefits
World Trade Month, May 2017